Tuesday 14 June 2011

Manipulated Game Scenes.

To start with I opened three images which I took from Dartmoor and opened up my three images of mannequins, one wood, one silver, one gold. I then added a filter called fresco to each image background.

I then went on to drag a mannequin into each image. I then used the transform tool to resize a place each mannequin into the image and make it look more realistic. I then used layer masks and the brush tool to hide parts of the mannequins behind objects like trees or rock to make them fit into the image properly.

With the gold mannequin i edited the original image if it and place his arms above his head so when I place him in the image, it would look as if he was climbing up the tree. I did this because there was going to be a coin up there and wanted to make the scene look as if he was trying to reach it.

My background images give the impression that its a mystical quite place in which this mannequin creature is living in and investigating. I chose to use images which had a main focus rather than a landscape image so that when it cam to manipulating it it would still have a focus and give the impression that there are several areas to this game. When placing the characters into the image, I decided that no facial expression would be needed, as they were a mysterious character. Below are my final images which I have manipulated into an in game scene.






After studying road signs and how they convey meanings I went on to adding tokens to my image. My tokens were going to be coins For what ever colour the mannequin in the image was, i would that colour coin. I used the free transform tool to fit them into the image then used layer masks to make the coins be slightly hidden behind an object such as a tree or a rock. This is how they came out.





No comments:

Post a Comment