Wednesday 15 June 2011

Tokens

For my game I had to make several tokens in which would be involved in the game. I came up with the idea of having different coloured/textured coins for each mannequin.







For my first token I would make it a wooden texture as the wooden mannequin has to find them. I started off by finding a wood texture on the internet, them manipulating it in photoshop. I then made my coin shape and outline by stroking several paths made by the elliptical marquee tool. i then filled in all the gaps with wood colours. I then placed my wood texture behind this coloured layer and turned the opacity down. I then added my mannequin outline and edited the colour of it and the bevel and emboss.







I then went on to making my silver coin in the same way as i made the wooden one. I used more colour overlays to make the silver colour and added a slight shine by using the dodge tool. I then realised that this wants enough shine for a silver coin so I added more by stroking paths made by the pen tool with a soft edged brush. I then changed the colour of the mannequin outline.













 I then used the same method as I did with the silver coin, but used a gold overlay and added a golden shine as I did with the silver coin. This what the outcome was for my golden coin. I then went on to changing the colour of the mannequins outline to gold . I again added more shine to the coin using the dodge tool to make it look more like real gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment